This is the episode you need to listen to if you’ve been making excuses for not getting into real estate investing. Our interview today is with Brandon Turner who quite literally wrote the book on investing in real estate. He has published many books on the topic including “The Book on Rental Property Investing: How to Create Wealth With Intelligent Buy and Hold Real Estate Investing”. He was also a former host of the Bigger Pockets podcast with over 100 million downloads and of course that’s a show that’s all about real estate. And today our conversation covers Brandon’s story- how he first got into real estate, how as an entrepreneur he keeps work from overtaking his life, how you can choose an investing strategy, how you should approach cash flow vs appreciation, what to do about current housing market conditions, if being a landlord is ethical, and more!
- Brandon – You can learn more about Brandon over at his site. And if you’re interested in investing via a syndication deal, head over to the site for Open Door Capital.
- Extra cash – And regardless of where you are on the path to financial independence, we believe in the responsible use of credit cards. It’s smart to utilize the additional benefits that credit cards offer- for instance the 60,000 points that come with the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card. That’s $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards! (not to mention we think it’s the best travel rewards credit card!) This is no joke- I’ve already done this myself which we discussed on a recent episode after I met the initial spending requirements of $4,000 over 3 months!
- Newsletter – Don’t forget to sign up for the best personal finance newsletter in all the land! It’s completely free and something we create to help you along your journey to financial freedom. It drops every Tuesday morning and you can always unsubscribe if you don’t dig it!
During this episode we enjoyed a Do or Die: Spiced Chocolate Stout by Orpheus Brewing! And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.