Focusing only on cutting your expenses in order to invest more money, is just like only focusing on cutting out sweets in order to lose weight. It’s a great start, but there’s more to it than that! Because not only do you need to adjust how many calories you’re consuming everyday, but you’ll also need to address how many calories you’re burning– yes indeed, we’re talking about exercise! It takes a two pronged approach to see the most impactful change on your weight and overall health. And similarly it takes addressing both your expenses and your income in order to see the biggest changes when it comes to your personal finances. So during this episode we focus on why 2023 is the perfect time to boost your income, how to determine if you’re underpaid, the single factor that will lead to higher pay, assessing more than just your annual salary, and many more ways to maximize your income this year!
- Job market – Last year was the 2nd best year for job growth in US history, making now a great time to maximize your income.
- Soft skills – Many instinctively consider certifications or other training in order to increase their value to employers, but don’t forget about the unspoken rules of career success that we discussed with Gorick Ng.
- New HTM posts –
- Credit Card Tool – Looking for the right credit card for you? Then check out our new credit card tool that’ll help you to easily filter through all the cards based on your preferred airline, whether or not they have an annual fee, or simply by the cash back offer! Just toggle the sliders and you’ll know which card to consider.
- Newsletter – Don’t forget to sign up for the best personal finance newsletter in all the land! It’s completely free and something we create to help you along your journey to financial freedom. It drops every Tuesday morning and you can always unsubscribe if you don’t dig it!
During this episode we enjoyed a Painting Dreams Citra by Fidens Brewing- a big thanks to Michael and Emily for sending this one our way! And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.