There’s a decent chance that during the pandemic and the ensuing months, that you were stuck at home with some extra cash on hand, but with no way to spend that money. So you got into crypto- and unfortunately, there’s a very good chance that your holdings are worth much less and you might be a little concerned. And you’re not alone because a recent Bankrate survey showed that only about 30% of millennials are comfortable investing in crypto which is down from 50% a year ago. There’s just not as much confidence and excitement as there used to be and so we’re excited to be joined by Stacy-Marie Ishmael. For years Stacy used to work at the Financial Times where she started the blog Alphaville, she’s worked as a senior editor at Apple, and now she’s a writer & podcaster at Bloomberg where she dedicates nearly all of her time to cryptocurrencies. Listen as we discuss why crypto exploded the way that it did in recent years and why everyone thought it was going to the moon, why crypto hasn’t acted as an investing hedge, why countries are struggling to implement it as their national currency, and what the future holds in the realm of crypto!
- Stacey – Keep up with all the latest news and reporting that Stacey is doing in the world of crypto over at her podcast Bloomberg Crypto, not to mention all the financial reporting by the good folks over at Bloomberg.
- Credit Card Tool – Looking for the right credit card for you? Then check out our new credit card tool that’ll help you to easily filter through all the cards based on your preferred airline, whether or not they have an annual fee, or simply by the cash back offer! Just toggle the sliders and you’ll know which card to consider.
- Newsletter – Don’t forget to sign up for the best personal finance newsletter in all the land! It’s completely free and something we create to help you along your journey to financial freedom. It drops every Tuesday morning and you can always unsubscribe if you don’t dig it!
During this episode we enjoyed a Tie 11 by Monday Night Brewing! And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.