Time for our Friday Flight! These episodes are a sampling of the week’s financial news and the impact on your personal finances. There are a lot of headlines out there, but we distill it down to specific takeaways that will allow you to kick off the weekend informed and help you to get ahead with your money. In this episode we cover some relevant and helpful stories like: our new credit card tool, student loan forgiveness deadlines, pricey Halloween candy, spending big bucks on pet costumes, retail rewards in retreat, new tax brackets along with higher contribution limits to retirement plans, extra fees to return online purchases, workplace TRAPs, the best employers for career advancement, iBanking your iCash on your iPhone, & Aldi conversions on the rise.
- Student loans – You have until the end of the year to fill out the application for student loan forgiveness, but you only have until October 31st to fill out the PSLF waiver in order to get credit for previous payments!
- Rewarding Careers – Which company you work for has an outsized impact on your career prospects. Want to know the employers that offer the most opportunities for economic & career advancement? Check out this interactive chart from The American Opportunity Index!
- Newsletter – Don’t forget to sign up for the best personal finance newsletter in all the land! It’s completely free and something we create to help you along your journey to financial freedom. It drops every Tuesday morning and you can always unsubscribe if you don’t dig it!
- Credit Card Tool – Looking for the right credit card for you? Then check out our new credit card tool that’ll help you to easily filter through all the cards based on your preferred airline, whether or not they have an annual fee, or simply by the cash back offer! Just toggle the sliders and you’ll know which card to consider.
And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money. Have an awesome weekend!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Hi! I would like to check out the best companies a to work for, but couldn’t find the link! I love the podcast! Thank you
Sorry about that, Laura. Here’s that link! https://www.americanopportunityindex.org/stories