It’s time for a Friday Flight! These episodes are all about the week’s financial news and the impact on your personal finances. There are a lot of headlines out there, but we distill it down to specific takeaways that will allow you to kick off the weekend informed and help you to continue to make smart money moves. In this episode we cover some relevant and helpful stories like: scoring a massive Airbnb discount, learning economic theory from Theme Park Tycoon, video game bans, the sports betting boom, buy now pay later consumers are falling behind, leveraging crypto to buy more crypto, subscriptions that are bad for your wallet and your diet, and what to do with sky high home equity levels.
- Remember, it’s fine if you want to speculate a little bit with some crypto or single stocks, but just don’t borrow on top of an already volatile asset for consumption!
- And similarly- we’re fine with you tapping some equity in your home during a refinance, but we’d recommend you only use that money for investing.
- How to Money hangs in Austin, Texas! We’d love to meet you if you’re in the Austin area at 7:30pm on September 24th at Batch Craft Beer. We hope to see you there and remember that the first round is on us!
- Extra cash – And regardless of where you are on the path to financial independence, we believe in the responsible use of credit cards. It’s smart to utilize the additional benefits that credit cards offer- for instance the 60,000 points that come with the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card. That’s $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards! This is no joke- I’ve already done this myself which we discussed on a recent episode after I met the initial spending requirements of $4,000 over 3 months!
And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money. Have an awesome weekend!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.