Time for our Friday Flight! These episodes are a sampling of the week’s financial news and the impact on your personal finances. There are a lot of headlines out there, but we distill it down to specific takeaways that will allow you to kick off the weekend informed and help you to get ahead with your money. In this episode we explain some relevant and helpful stories like: big bank blues, store brand surges, SECURE 2.0 leading to 401k changes, 529 plan grandparent loopholes and rollovers, inconvenient conveniences, o holy crap, inundated inboxes, & letdowns for landlords.
- Banking – It’s worth any hassle to switch away from one of the bigs to a solid online bank- plus it’s actually easier than you think.
- Stuff – Avoid the trap of planned obsolescence!
- Rental properties – It’s still possible to snag a solid rental prop but make sure you’re being realistic about expected rents, repairs, and maintenance. And if you want to minimize the stress that accompanies a rental property, then you’ll want to prioritize effectively screening and managing tenants.
- Newsletter – Don’t forget to sign up for the best personal finance newsletter in all the land! It’s completely free and something we create to help you along your journey to financial freedom. It drops every Tuesday morning and you can always unsubscribe if you don’t dig it!
- Credit Card Tool – Looking for the right credit card for you? Then check out our new credit card tool that’ll help you to easily filter through all the cards based on your preferred airline, whether or not they have an annual fee, or simply by the cash back offer! Just toggle the sliders and you’ll know which card to consider.
And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money. Have an awesome weekend!
Best friends out, and Merry Christmas!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.