It’s time for a Friday Flight! These episodes are all about the week’s financial news and the impact on your personal finances. There are a lot of headlines out there, but we distill it down to specific takeaways that will allow you to kick off the weekend informed and help you to continue to make smart money moves. In this episode we cover some relevant and helpful stories like: the $1,000 Cash Giveaway/Giveaway, USPS shipping deadlines, killing the taboo of secondhand gifts, risky investments impacting our mental health, VTSAX reigns supreme, government leaders insider trading, best places to live if you only care about money, have yourself a merry little i bond, inflation vs your brain, & financial literacy on the rise!
Enter for a chance to win during our $1,000 Cash Giveaway/Giveaway:
- Just follow HowToMoneyPod on Instagram,
- Like the giveaway post,
- Tag 2 friends and comment how you’d give that money away if you win- and that’s really all it takes! Note that there’s only 1 entry per person and you have until 12pm on December 21st to enter the giveaway. We’ll announce winners during the episode that’ll publish Wednesday December 22nd.
- And seriously, travel nurses are making bank.
- And of course we touched on investing during this episode- listen back to how we invest our money with brokerage houses like Fidelity, M1 Finance, and Vanguard.
- Head to TreasuryDirect.gov and snag you some i bonds paying over 7%.
- Everyone needs to use the Honey extension if you’re not already. Instead of searching for coupon codes that never work, Honey’s smart shopping assistant will automatically apply discounts to your cart in seconds.
- Credit Card Tool – Looking for the right credit card for you? Then check out our new credit card tool that’ll help you to easily filter through all the cards based on your preferred airline, whether or not they have an annual fee, or simply by the cash back offer! Just toggle the sliders and you’ll know which card to consider.
And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money. Have an awesome weekend!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.