It’s time for a Friday Flight! These episodes are all about the week’s news and the effects of Covid-19 on your personal finances. There are a lot of headlines out there, but we are distilling it down to specific takeaways that will allow you to not just weather this health and financial crisis, but to come out on the other side even stronger. In this episode we cover some interesting and helpful stories like a great way to support your local indie bookstore, an easier path to PPP loan forgiveness, scams on Venmo and Cash Apps, and we wonder if realtors are paid too much. After all of that we talk about free bacon masks, what to do with your frequent flier miles, industries that are hiring, and negotiating a severance package.
Links from this episode:
- We’re going to start featuring the book that we discuss with our interviewees up in our shop on Bookshop.org. And the best part of Bookshop’s mission is they give 10% of all sales on their website to independent bookstores every 6 months. Super cool.
- If you’re looking for that streamlined PPP loan forgiveness form, look no further.
- Like Joel is doing, register for your bacon mask freebie!
- A lot of frequent flier miles are going to waste, so instead of continuing to rack up those miles, switch to a solid cash back card. And now is the perfect time to try my favorite 6% cash back at grocery stores card- the Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express. It has a limited time offer until December 10th this year: a $0 introductory annual fee for one year and then after that, it’s back to the standard $95. They’ve also beefed up the sign-up bonus to where you’ll earn a $300 statement credit when you spend $3,000 in the first 6 months with this card. Learn how to apply for this card here.
- And if you’re not spending much at grocery stores, then check out all of our favorite credit cards based on how you spend.
And as we’ve ramped up the podcast with an additional Friday episode every week, we could really use your help to spread the word- let friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to spread the word to get more people doing smart things with their money in these difficult times!
Best friends out!