Time for our Friday Flight! These episodes are a sampling of the week’s financial news and the impact on your personal finances. There are a lot of headlines out there, but we distill it down to specific takeaways that will allow you to kick off the weekend informed and help you to get ahead with your money. In this episode we cover some relevant and helpful stories like: interest rates on the rise, dumb ol gift cards, repair or replace a broken appliance, the easiest way to save time and money in the kitchen, phantom funds in your Venmo and Cash app, sweepstake savings accounts, coffee-drinking spendthrifts, speculation nation, an index fund to avoid, & last but also least- poop music.
- Gift cards – Federal law mandates that gift cards can’t expire before 5 years, but state laws might provide you with even more protection.
- If you’re looking to make sure that you don’t lose the money you have stored on a gift card, go ahead and exchange it for actual dollars at a site like CardCash.com
- Credit unions – We’re always a fan of looking to credit unions if you’re looking to taking out a loan, but check out SaveToWin.org to see if there’s a credit union near you who offers sweepstakes savings accounts.
- Newsletter – Don’t forget to sign up for the best personal finance newsletter in all the land! It’s completely free and something we create to help you along your journey to financial freedom. It drops every Tuesday morning and you can always unsubscribe if you don’t dig it!
- Credit Card Tool – Looking for the right credit card for you? Then check out our new credit card tool that’ll help you to easily filter through all the cards based on your preferred airline, whether or not they have an annual fee, or simply by the cash back offer! Just toggle the sliders and you’ll know which card to consider.
And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money. Have an awesome weekend!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.