It’s time for a Friday Flight! These episodes are all about the week’s financial news and the impact on your personal finances. There are a lot of headlines out there, but we distill it down to specific takeaways that will allow you to kick off the weekend informed and help you to continue to make smart money moves. In this episode we cover some relevant and helpful stories like: raising deductibles to save on premiums, raid our bookshelf, crypto in the vernacular, Christmas tree inflation, keeping your head on Black Friday, bucking consumption trends, a massive right to repair win, a tanking market in 2022, going with an EV to save money, & how to avoid arbitrary asinine hospital bills.
- Raid our bookshelf! To win a few books that we’ve been reading lately head over to Apple Podcasts or wherever you listen to podcasts, leave us a review, and then email us at email@example.com. Do that before Wednesday, December 1st by midnight, and you’ll be entered into the book giveaway where we’ll be giving away a bunch of books to 3 lucky listeners. Keep in mind, it can be an old review- just email us as well and you’re entered to win! We’ll announce winners on our next Fri Flight episode.
- Listen back to our episode with Meg Normann if you’re looking for some inspiration to spend less this holiday season.
- Also keep these tips in mind when you’re looking for ways to reduce your gas bills this winter.
- Credit Card Tool – Looking for the right credit card for you? Then check out our new credit card tool that’ll help you to easily filter through all the cards based on your preferred airline, whether or not they have an annual fee, or simply by the cash back offer! Just toggle the sliders and you’ll know which card to consider.
And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money. Have an awesome weekend!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.