It’s time for a Friday Flight! These episodes are all about the week’s financial news and the impact on your personal finances. There are a lot of headlines out there, but we distill it down to specific takeaways that will allow you to kick off the weekend informed and help you to continue to make smart money moves. In this episode we cover some relevant and helpful stories like: how you should come have beers with us in Atlanta, Buy Nothing groups to save, work stress leading to overspending, new car prices at all time highs, the solution to sky high car payments, “We’ve been trying to reach you about your car’s extended warranty”, Florida man wins the lottery, @jack cries hyperinflation, bots scooping up scarce Christmas gifts, student loan forgiveness made easy, & what to do about federal student loan transfers.
- Mark it on your calendars! – we’re having an Atlanta How to Money beer hang over at the Monday Night Garage at 7:45pm on Friday November 5th!
- In addition to joining a local Buy Nothing group, check out the HTM group on Facebook too.
- If you think you might have additional student loan payments that previously didn’t qualify for PSLF, go to StudentAid.gov/PSLFWaiver in order to apply as the eligibility requirements have been temporarily expanded. We incorrectly said that you only have until October 31, 2021. But we got that wrong- you have until October 31, 2022!
- Extra cash – And regardless of where you are on the path to financial independence, we believe in the responsible use of credit cards. It’s smart to utilize the additional benefits that credit cards offer- for instance the 80,000 points that come with the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card. That’s $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards! This is no joke- I’ve already done this myself which we discussed on a recent episode after I met the initial spending requirements of $4,000 over 3 months!
And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money. Have an awesome weekend!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.