We’re kicking off the week by answering listener questions! And if you have a question that you’d like for us to answer on the show, we’d love for you to submit your own via HowToMoney.com/ask/ , send us your voice memo. Regardless of how random or bizarre you might think it is, we want to hear it!
- How should I go about paying for some medical tourism?
- Was my mom right for being upset when her credit card limit was increased?
- What steps should I take if I want to invest $5,000 locally in my community?
- As we’re enrolling in a Dependent Care FSA (Flexible Spending Account), what should we consider?
- Should I use my HSA (Health Savings Account) funds to pay for medical expenses or to invest?
- Here’s that hike Joel was talking about in Chattanooga TN.
- Unfortunately we recorded and referred to the Chase Sapphire Preferred credit card during this episode before Chase changed the benefits to a $750 welcome offer. It’s not as great as $1,250 but it’s still the best out there!
- The CDC’s medical briefing on medical tourism – yes you could save some money but keep in mind that there are risks involved. Not to mention the potential for psychological harm of botched surgeries that the CDC briefing doesn’t touch on.
- We referenced this article by the Physician on FIRE about investing in a local brewery.
- Listen back to episode 105 on why we believe the HSA to be the ultimate vehicle for maximizing your retirement.
- A couple movie references in this episode- Whack-Bat from Fantastic Mr. Fox and that donut scene from Dodgeball.
- Sure enough, Sriracha ketchup already exists.
- Extra cash – And regardless of where you are on the path to financial independence, we believe in the responsible use of credit cards. It’s smart to utilize the additional benefits that credit cards offer- for instance the 80,000 points that come with the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card. That’s $1,000 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards! This is no joke- I’ve already done this myself which we discussed on a recent episode after I met the initial spending requirements of $4,000 over 3 months!
During this episode we enjoyed a SchmoojeeBox by Imprint Beer Co! And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.