Whether you saw some crazies doing it on TikTok or read about it in a fitness magazine, it seems like a lot of folks are giving ice baths a try. Evidently it’s supposed to be good for your health, but regardless, there are hordes of people who are intentionally soaking in ice cold water around the 55 degree range. Of course this goes completely counter to what ‘normal’ people subject themselves to. Most folks like their showers warm or even hot, and in the rare instance when you run out of hot water, it can be incredibly frustrating. But just think if you had the perspective of those folks doing cold water therapy. Cold water wouldn’t be an inconvenience but rather something that you would embrace! Your outlook can impact a host of different aspects of life: your happiness, your health, and of course it can impact your money. And especially in our country, it seems that a malaise of pessimism is keeping folks from taking the most basic money moves that could benefit their future. So during today’s episode we present evidence of increased levels of pessimism, how it affects your ability to earn/save/invest your money, and some practical tips to becoming a more optimistic person which ultimately leads to more wealth.
- Money Gears – We referenced our 7 Money Gears during this episode. It’s important to know what your next financial moves should be before you take action!
- High yield online savings – One of the simplest steps you can take to ensure you’re earning the most on your money is by switching over to a high yield savings. At the moment CIT Bank is offering 4.6% on their Savings Connect Accounts!
- Credit Card Tool – Looking for the right credit card for you? Then check out our new credit card tool that’ll help you to easily filter through all the cards based on your preferred airline, whether or not they have an annual fee, or simply by the cash back offer! Just toggle the sliders and you’ll know which card to consider.
- Newsletter – Don’t forget to sign up for the best personal finance newsletter in all the land! It’s completely free and something we create to help you along your journey to financial freedom. It drops every Tuesday morning and you can always unsubscribe if you don’t dig it!
During this episode we enjoyed a Stress Dissolver Blackberry by Common Space- thanks to our buddy Joel for donating this one to the pod! And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Leave a Reply