LET’S PARTY! A financial festivus is in order here at the end of the year and we’re excited to share a bunch of listener wins from the How to Money community. Unfortunately at times we can be overly driven to the point that we fail to celebrate milestones. And when we achieve something great and move right on from it, we lose something in the process. Celebrations improve our well-being, they’re fun, and can provide inspiration for others. So during this episode we share a couple of our personal money wins, but then we have a chance to hear from listeners who have paid down credit card debt, massively boosted their savings rate, purchased their first home, started house hacking for the first time, taken their side hustle full-time, invested insane amounts of money, & more. Thank you to everyone who shared their money wins and we’re excited about what 2022 has in store for the HTM community!
- Use Undebt.it to help you figure out a get-outta-debt plan and listen back to episode 297 where it’s the debt snowball vs the debt avalanche.
- We recently dedicated an entire episode to the power of house hacking and how you can start implementing it in your life with Craig Curelop.
- Check out Kaylee’s business- Bell, Book, & Vinyl, that she was able to take full-time this year. You can follow her on Instagram too.
- And of course we touched on investing during this episode- listen back to how we invest our money with brokerage houses like Fidelity, M1 Finance, and Vanguard.
And regardless of where you are on the path to financial independence, we believe in the responsible use of credit cards. It’s smart to utilize the additional benefits that credit cards offer- for instance the $750 welcome offer that comes with the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card. This is no joke- I’ve already done this myself which we discussed on a recent episode after I met the initial spending requirements of $4,000 over 3 months!
During this episode we enjoyed a Coconut PM Dawn Trillium Brewing – a big thanks to Ali for donating this delicious craft beer to the podcast! And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.