Let’s party! In what felt like a bummer of a financial year, it’s important to spend some time remembering the positives. We’ve experienced a market that hasn’t been this bad for nearly 15 years, crypto is fully on the ropes, inflation is still problematic, and student loan forgiveness is in limbo like we talked about last week. But a massive number of How To Money listeners have, despite the economic headwinds of 2022, been able to make significant advances with their own personal finances. We love creating this episode, hearing what y’all have been able to accomplish, and sharing it with your fellow listeners. It’s inspiring and motivating. Y’all were able to do everything from decluttering and financial spring cleaning, and cutting back on regular expenses to massive goals like saving up for a down payment and even completely paying of mortgages! Hopefully we can all learn something from each other today and we’re also hoping that this episode might be the spark for some epic 2023 money moves.
- Unclaimed baggage – Yes, this is a real place- peruse and purchase other traveler’s lost luggage!
- High yield savings account – Switching to an online bank that offers a high yield savings account is easier than you think.
- Debt – Use Undebt.it to help you figure out a get-outta-debt plan and check out this detailed post about debt snowball vs debt avalanche methods, including differences and examples.
- The beaver state – Here’s more info for the first-time homebuyer savings account that is offered in the state of Oregon.
- Credit Card Tool – Looking for the right credit card for you? Then check out our new credit card tool that’ll help you to easily filter through all the cards based on your preferred airline, whether or not they have an annual fee, or simply by the cash back offer! Just toggle the sliders and you’ll know which card to consider.
- Newsletter – Don’t forget to sign up for the best personal finance newsletter in all the land! It’s completely free and something we create to help you along your journey to financial freedom. It drops every Tuesday morning and you can always unsubscribe if you don’t dig it!
During this episode we enjoyed a Christmas Ale by St Bernardus! And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Leave a Reply