With all that we’re trying to accomplish in our everyday lives- we find that reminders are a necessity. For instance, your car’s low gas indicator light that flares up when you’re nearing an empty tank. More power to ya if you’re driving an EV (see what I did there…), but for the rest of us still driving internal combustion vehicles, the low fuel light is a life saver. When it comes on, you know you only have so many miles left to find a gas station before you’re going to end up stranded on the side of the road. Well this episode is here to function similarly to that low fuel light, as kind of a warning because you’ve only got 3 months left in 2022. You can use them to your advantage and attain some of the financial goals you set out to achieve in January. Or you can attempt to coast into 2023 running on fumes. There are some hard and fast deadlines approaching and once that window of time closes, there’s no going back. Today we’re talking about student loans, workplace benefits, taxes, retirement savings, and more so listen up- the clock is ticking!
- Full checklist: End of Year Financial Checklist
- Money challenges – We referenced episode 458 which was all about the money challenges that can jump start your progress.
- Investing – If you’re not already investing in tax advantaged accounts, listen to why we think you should start with the beautiful Roth IRA.
- And if you have access to an HSA, don’t forget that they are the ultimate retirement account.
- FSA – Flexible Spending Accounts are use-it or lose-it, so be sure to make qualifying purchases over at the Amazon FSA Store or the FSAstore.com
- Financial aid – Here’s a helpful video walking you through what you need to do in order to fill out the FAFSA. And it wouldn’t hurt to go back & listen to episode 337 w/ Ron Lieber about paying less for that college education.
- Newsletter – Don’t forget to sign up for the best personal finance newsletter in all the land! It’s completely free and something we create to help you along your journey to financial freedom. It drops every Tuesday morning and you can always unsubscribe if you don’t dig it!
- Credit Card Tool – Looking for the right credit card for you? Then check out our new credit card tool that’ll help you to easily filter through all the cards based on your preferred airline, whether or not they have an annual fee, or simply by the cash back offer! Just toggle the sliders and you’ll know which card to consider.
During this episode we enjoyed a Pickle Down Economics by Bosque Brewing- a big thanks to Bob in New Mexico for donating this one to the show! And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Leave a Reply