Planning for the future and looking forward to the next best thing in our lives is natural- especially this time of year! But here’s the problem: it’s hard to know how to move forward and what steps you need to take if you haven’t reflected on the past. So during this episode we raise some questions that you can ask yourself before you start thinking about next year. This will not only help you to realize that 2020 wasn’t a complete throw-away year, but it should also directly inform the actions and goals you’ll set for yourself in 2021. These questions will help you to begin your financial year in review.
We mentioned the episode with 5am Joel from earlier this year, but we also wanted to list out the questions we worked through during this episode:
- Did I reach my financial goals in 2020? If not, think through what stood in the way and think through other ways that could have allowed you to generate more income.
- Where did I spend money this year that brought me the most joy?
- Am I spending my time the way that I would like to be?
- And then beginning to look ahead: How do I want 2021 to look differently?
- What are the biggest areas of growth that would positively affect my finances?
During this episode we both enjoyed a Montmorency & Balaton Cherry Sour by Westbrook Brewing! And as we’re looking forward to kicking things off with a bang in 2021, we could really use your help to spread the word- let friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to spread the word to get more people doing smart things with their money in these difficult times!
Best friends out!
Leave a Reply