We’re pumped to talk with entrepreneur extraordinaire Codie Sanchez today. And while Codie is busy buying businesses today, the truth is, it took her a while to get there. Years ago, right out of college, Codie was working 70-hour weeks for a paycheck. And even though she had a great education and an elite job, she felt like her life was out of control. Who cares about prestigious job titles when somebody else controls your day to day?! Now, things are different: Codie is financially independent, she owns 26 small businesses, and she’s the founder and CEO of Contrarian Thinking- where she’s on a mission to free the minds of individuals who are hanging onto traditional careers, as well as the common narrative of what it means to be successful. And oftentimes this can be accomplished via buying existing businesses- which is more feasible than you might think! Listen as we discuss life as a second generation immigrant, why Codie believes we’re in a golden era of acquiring others businesses, ways to go about finding a business to buy, her views on passive income, what it means to utilize your ‘unfair advantage’, when she’d consider selling a business, and much more!
- Codie – Be sure and check out Contrarian Thinking as well as Codie’s other site: Unconventional Acquisitions. And you can find her on most of the socials including Instagram and TikTok.
- Newsletter – Don’t forget to sign up for the best personal finance newsletter in all the land! It’s completely free and something we create to help you along your journey to financial freedom. It drops every Tuesday morning and you can always unsubscribe if you don’t dig it!
- Credit Card Tool – Looking for the right credit card for you? Then check out our new credit card tool that’ll help you to easily filter through all the cards based on your preferred airline, whether or not they have an annual fee, or simply by the cash back offer! Just toggle the sliders and you’ll know which card to consider.
During this episode we enjoyed an Open Space Haze by Bosque Brewing- a big thanks to Bob in New Mexico for donating this one to the show! And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Leave a Reply