“Spend less than you make.” This is a maxim that is not only true but, if followed, will allow you to accomplish so many other goals that you might have in life. It’s a foundational concept. Similarly, we also think the same can be said for biking. Get this one thing right in your life- pedal your way to wherever you need to go, and so many other aspects of life will automatically fall into place. And we’ve actually been able to put our commitment to biking to the test since we’ve moved out of the city- you might be surprised to hear the results! Listen as we discuss the many different reasons we believe biking is a money and life hack, the positive impacts on our health, communities, and environment. And we also touch on how you can make biking more accessible in your community as well as how you can get started, even if you haven’t ridden a bike since you were eleven!
- Habits – We referenced our conversation with Charles Duhigg, and the power of positive cornerstone habits in your life.
- Buying a bike – And we’re big fans of buying bikes straight from BikesDirect.com, but REI often has deals as well.
- E-bikes – Why the RadWagon 4 is the best-value electric cargo bike on the planet.
- Check out this running list of e-bike incentives that Portland State has put together.
- Credit Card Tool – Looking for the right credit card for you? Then check out our new credit card tool that’ll help you to easily filter through all the cards based on your preferred airline, whether or not they have an annual fee, or simply by the cash back offer! Just toggle the sliders and you’ll know which card to consider.
- Newsletter – Don’t forget to sign up for the best personal finance newsletter in all the land! It’s completely free and something we create to help you along your journey to financial freedom. It drops every Tuesday morning and you can always unsubscribe if you don’t dig it!
During this episode we enjoyed a Lager by Bosque Brewing- a big thanks to Bob in New Mexico for donating this one to the show! And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Leave a Reply