We’re kicking off the week by answering your questions! And if you have a question for us, we’d love for you to submit your own via HowToMoney.com/ask/ , send us your voice memo!
- How can I get a conversation started with my girlfriend about personal finances?
- Should I pay off my mortgage or should I hang on to that in cash?
- Does it make sense to borrow from my 401(k) in order to pay off a credit card?
- Is it worth it to stick with a budget cell phone provider?
- How can I avoid underpayment penalties from the IRS and should I set up a retirement account through my business or set it up as a personal account?
Additional links from this episode:
- If you’re looking to get money conversations started, here’s a great episode for you.
- Don’t forget about balance transfer credit cards if you’re looking to knock out some credit card debt!
- 5G isn’t all it’s cracked up to be according to the Washington Post. We’re big fans of discount service providers.
- The IRS has a calculator to help you determine how much tax to withhold. And here’s a good article delving into all the particulars when it comes to setting up a retirement plan and you’re self-employed.
- And if you’re ever in Atlanta and want to check out a world class bar: Brickstore
During this episode we both enjoyed a Trader Joe’s Winter Spiced Ale 2020. And as we’re looking forward to kicking things off with a bang in 2021, we could really use your help to spread the word- let friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to spread the word to get more people doing smart things with their money in these difficult times!
Best friends out!