We’re kicking off the week by answering your questions! And if you have a question for us, we’d love for you to submit your own via HowToMoney.com/ask/
- Should I always follow the 1% rule as I consider buying an investment property?
- If I want to open a new online checking account, should I look to an online brokerage?
- How solid is cash value life insurance as an investment tool?
- As a recent college graduate, what should I do with a bunch of money I’ve saved up?
- I’m a circus performer and am starting a podcast- how do you edit and publish your podcast?
Links from this episode:
- That article on different states 529 plan, and if the in-state benefits outway the costs. Can you can easily compare costs and plans over at CollegeSavings.org
- If you don’t already have a high interest savings account, check out why Joel banks with CIT.
- We’d recommend that you keep life insurance separate from your banking needs. Read up on how to choose life insurance that is affordable and easy to buy.
- Don’t forget that you have only until July 15th to max out your 2019 Roth IRA.
- We use Adobe Audition to edit our show, but check out GarageBand on macs and Audacity is a great free option as well. For publishing, we would recommend buzzsprout – that’s who we used when we were just starting out ( and for those interested, Lila’s podcast The Little Circus is live!)
During this episode we enjoyed a Blanc-y Kong Vol. 2 by Savannah River Brewing Co- thanks to Jeff for donating this one to the show! And as we’ve ramped up the podcast with an additional Friday episode every week, we could really use your help to spread the word- let friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to spread the word to get more people doing smart things with their money in these difficult times!
Best friends out!