We’re kicking off the week by answering listener questions! And if you have a question that you’d like for us to answer on the show, we’d love for you to submit your own via HowToMoney.com/ask , send us your voice memo. Regardless of how random or bizarre you might think it is, we want to hear it!
- How do I get my reluctant spouse on board with a plan to budget?
- What should I do with an old 529 Plan that I was planning on transferring to my kids?
- Am I being frugal or cheap by blending my beers myself at a local brewery in order to save?
- Should I max out my Roth IRA or my 403b if both are available options?
- Is it a good idea to be a landlord while living abroad?
- Budgeting – Start a budget, or at the very least begin tracking your expenses with YNAB or Mint.
- If you’re completely new to budgeting, check out our blog post on easy budgeting methods that’ll help you create a budget, and stick to it!
- Retirement accounts – Take a listen to our deep-dive episode on all the retirement accounts changes that took place with Secure Act 2.0.
- Military – We talked through many of the different financial benefits that are available to those who serve in the military with Doug Nordman.
- And for individual help with your money, check out the Office of Financial Readiness or your local base family services office as it should have at least one financial counselor.
- Credit Card Tool – Looking for the right credit card for you? Then check out our new credit card tool that’ll help you to easily filter through all the cards based on your preferred airline, whether or not they have an annual fee, or simply by the cash back offer! Just toggle the sliders and you’ll know which card to consider.
- Newsletter – Don’t forget to sign up for the best personal finance newsletter in all the land! It’s completely free and something we create to help you along your journey to financial freedom. It drops every Tuesday morning and you can always unsubscribe if you don’t dig it!
During this episode we enjoyed a Thyyk Hydra by Mortalis Brewing! And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Bob Barker is still alive. He is 99 years old.
*Face palm* I love me some Bob Barker and I’m glad to know he’s still alive and kickin’. Thanks, Ari!