We’re kicking off the week by answering listener questions! And if you have a question that you’d like for us to answer on the show, we’d love for you to submit your own via HowToMoney.com/ask/ , send us your voice memo. Regardless of how random or bizarre you might think it is, we want to hear it!
- My daughter doesn’t like the helmet I bought for her that was on clearance – frugal or cheap?
- How do I overcome some awkwardness as my partner and I combine our finances?
- Should I be looking to just get the match or should I max out my employer provided 401k?
- Does it make more sense for an older family member to draw on retirement accounts before social security?
- Is using a balance transfer credit card a good idea for a large expense I have coming up?
- Once upon a time, we dedicated an entire episode to help you determine whether you’re being frugal vs cheap.
- Listen to the episode with our wives from earlier this summer to hear their perspective on combining finances and working together towards financial goals.
- Check out MaximizeMySocialSecurity.com if you’re looking for some additional guidance to know that you’re making the right decision when claiming your social security benefits.
- The Navy Federal Platinum Card offers a 0% balance transfer for 12 months- and the best part? There’s no balance transfer fee! Read our full article as to how it’s possible to utilize a 0% balance transfer credit card to help you pay off some debt.
- Extra cash – And regardless of where you are on the path to financial independence, we believe in the responsible use of credit cards. It’s smart to utilize the additional benefits that credit cards offer- for instance the 60,000 points that come with the Chase Sapphire Preferred® Card. That’s $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards! (not to mention we think it’s the best travel rewards credit card!) This is no joke- I’ve already done this myself which we discussed on a recent episode after I met the initial spending requirements of $4,000 over 3 months!
During this episode we enjoyed a Bell’s Two Hearted Ale- a big thanks to Chris and all of our friends at the brewery for donating this one to the show! And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.