Since we’re taking a little vacation over in Scotland, we thought it would be a good time to re-release this episode on how you can travel for little to no money. Brian Kelly, The Points Guy himself, is joining us today on the podcast! If you’ve ever attempted some research on airline miles or credit card reward points, then there’s a good chance you’ve read an article or two over at ThePointsGuy.com. Bryan has an entire staff of writers who are all travel experts- from offices in Austin, to NY, all the way over to London. Which of course frees Bryan up to be able to spend even more of his time participating in his favorite activity- traveling. Listen as Brian shares why he’s willing to pay annual fees on 25 credit cards, what you should do if you have existing airline points, what he thinks about cashback credit cards, how to maximize the number of points you can earn, his favorite perks and benefits of travel cards, and finally his thoughts on traveling with a new baby!
- Travel credit cards – We only mentioned this towards the end of the episode, but check out our favorite travel reward credit cards that we recommend!
- Splurge – One of Brian’s craft beer equivalents was fancy luggage, specifically these guys. And I think it’s great! Of course I’d never spend that much, but when you love travel as much as Brian does, you drop some money on luggage!
- Buying points – Brian only briefly mentioned this, but learn more about buying airline points and miles.
- The app – And if you’re big time traveler and are serious about getting the most out of your points, download The Points Guy app.
- Global entry – This is a major time saver for habitual travelers. But it can often be difficult to get an appointment. Use Appointment Scanner to book that interview with way less hassle.
- Tips and tricks – Also, check out our master list of tips to save money on travel!
- Credit Card Tool – Looking for the right credit card for you? Then check out our new credit card tool that’ll help you to easily filter through all the cards based on your preferred airline, whether or not they have an annual fee, or simply by the cash back offer! Just toggle the sliders and you’ll know which card to consider.
- Newsletter – Don’t forget to sign up for the best personal finance newsletter in all the land! It’s completely free and something we create to help you along your journey to financial freedom. It drops every Tuesday morning and you can always unsubscribe if you don’t dig it!
During this episode we enjoyed an Elephants on Parade by Bosque Brewing- a big thanks to Bob in New Mexico for donating this one to the show! And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.
Leave a Reply