It’s time for a Friday Flight! These episodes are all about the week’s news and the effects of Covid-19 on your personal finances. There are a lot of headlines out there, but we are distilling it down to specific takeaways that will allow you to not just weather this health and financial crisis, but to come out on the other side even stronger. In this episode we cover some helpful stories like the increased cost of all cars, performing your civic duty, a credit card promotion benefiting small businesses, student loan relief, and tuition discounts. After all of that we touch on the rising costs of lumber, the sinking cost of life insurance, eviction ban extension, and we also announce the winners of the ‘raid our bookshelf’ giveaway!
Links from this episode:
- The How I Built This episode with the founder from Rad Power Bikes.
- Wired has a helpful state by state guide on absentee and mail-in ballots if you’re looking for more info. And while you’re being civic minded, don’t for to participate in the census!
- Considerations before your refinance your federal student loan to private.
- To prevent an eviction taking place through the end of the year, see if you qualify according to the declaration form issued by the CDC.
- Justshelter.org is where you can search for local housing related resources.
And as we’ve ramped up the podcast with an additional Friday episode every week, we could really use your help to spread the word- let friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to spread the word to get more people doing smart things with their money in these difficult times!
Best friends out!