It’s time for a Friday Flight! These episodes are all about the week’s financial news and the impact on your personal finances. There are a lot of headlines out there, but we distill it down to specific takeaways that will allow you to kick off the weekend informed and help you to continue to make smart money moves. In this episode we cover some relevant and helpful stories like: bookshelf raid giveaway winners, send in your listener money win voice memos, why you should avoid holiday credit card debt, opting out of prescreened credit card offers, what to do if you’re not ready to resume student loan payments, Ohio State eliminating student loans, best wireless deals, Wells Fargo is the worst, a higher standard deduction for 2022, the most tax-efficient way to donate money, & how much Mariah Carey makes on a single song over the holidays.
- Use Undebt.it to help you figure out a get-outta-debt plan.
- Optoutprescreen.com is the site where you can, well, opt-out of prescreened credit care and insurance offers!
- Plus, don’t sign up for a credit card that shows up in your mailbox anyways. Instead get the right card based on how you spend. Here are the cards in our wallets.
- What to consider before refinancing your student loans.
- Mint Mobile has the best cell service deal going right now– buy three months, get three months for free!
- Cruise on past those big bank brick and mortars- read why Joel opened a new online account with CIT Bank.
- Check out Daffy if you’re looking to set up a donor advised fund on the cheap.
- Credit Card Tool – Looking for the right credit card for you? Then check out our new credit card tool that’ll help you to easily filter through all the cards based on your preferred airline, whether or not they have an annual fee, or simply by the cash back offer! Just toggle the sliders and you’ll know which card to consider.
And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money. Have an awesome weekend!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.