It’s time for a Friday Flight! These episodes are all about the week’s news and the effects of the pandemic on your personal finances. There are a lot of headlines out there, but we are distilling it down to specific takeaways that will allow you to not just weather this health and financial crisis, but to come out on the other side even stronger. In this episode we cover some interesting and helpful stories like: protecting your tax refund with Identity Protection PINs, tax filing deadlines extended for Texas, where to donate for winter storm relief, wedding industry opportunities, what to do about rising gasoline costs, affordable solar panels, how paying off your mortgage could be a bad move, how to fix credit reporting errors, & fake Amazon reviews.
Additional links from this episode:
- Sign up for an IRS Identity Protection PIN to help prevent someone from stealing your tax refund!
- And here’s a full post on good things to do with your tax refund!
- As you consider donations for the winter storms, don’t forget to vet any organization that you’re not familiar with at CharityNavigator.org
- Consider listing your space as a wedding venue on a site like Peerspace or thisopenspace.com as couples look to non-traditional platforms to book a venue for their wedding.
- Be sure to get your free credit report from all 3 agencies over at AnnualCreditReport.com and if you find any errors, the CFPB has some great sample letters and instructions on how to get your report back in good standing.
- Look to Fakespot and ReviewMeta as tools to help you suss out real product reviews.
And as we’ve kicked things off with a bang in 2021, we could really use your help to spread the word- let friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to spread the word to get more people doing smart things with their money in these difficult times!
Best friends out!
Leave a Reply