We’re kicking off the week by answering your questions! And if you have a question for us, we’d love for you to submit your own via HowToMoney.com/ask/ , send us your voice memo!
- I’d like to take some time off work to spend time with my new baby, but what should I be considering?
- Am I missing out if I can’t afford to max out my Roth IRA at the beginning of the year?
- Is it ok to get a HELOC on our house in order to finish out a garage for the sake of the business?
- How can we best maximize credit card rewards while we are building our house this summer?
- How do I plan for disasters without breaking the bank and becoming an all-out prepper?
Additional links from this episode:
- Here’s that article by our friend Coach Carson on taking smaller mini-retirements while you’re younger and before you reach ‘official retirement age’.
- The Vanguard study on lump sum investing leading to higher returns on average.
- Some of the credit cards that have the best welcome offers are the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card at $800, the Capital One® Venture® Rewards Card with a welcome offer of $600, and the Blue Cash Preferred® Card from American Express where you’ll earn a $300 statement credit after you spend $3,000 in the first 6 months.
- Here’s the link to that toddler first aid kit article from the Bump, and check out Ready.gov for more info on emergency preparedness.
- Oh, and for kicks- here’s a Wiki article on the Big Chicken and a video of it in action!
During this episode we enjoyed a Baked Goods Blueberry Lemon Cobbler by Atlanta Brewing! And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money!
Best friends out!