We’re kicking off the week by answering your questions! And if you have a question for us, we’d love for you to submit your own via HowToMoney.com/ask/ , send us your voice memo!
- Is it OK to put down less than 20% on a home if we can avoid PMI?
- Where else should I invest if I’m already maxing out my 401k?
- Are there investment platforms that non-US citizens can use to invest in the stock market?
- Will my teacher’s pension be enough when I retire at 53?
- Should we swap out our Hyundai for a pickup truck?
Additional links from this episode:
- Here’s that air compressor for your tires we mentioned at the beginning.
- Homes for Heroes is the program we outlined that offers closing cost assistance for firefighters, law enforcement, healthcare professionals, and teachers.
- If you wanted to read up more on how a taxable brokerage account could be better than your employer offered 401k.
- And we also mentioned that we’ve done a few webinars on personal finance for some employers and other organizations looking to offer some wellness courses. If this sounds like something you’re interested in, you can learn more about it here!
During this episode we both enjoyed a Photon Sphere by Olde Hickory Brewing – thanks for donating this one to the show Christopher! And as we’ve ramped up the podcast with an additional Friday episode every week, we could really use your help to spread the word- let friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to spread the word to get more people doing smart things with their money in these difficult times!
Best friends out!