We’re kicking off the week by answering listener questions! And if you have a question that you’d like for us to answer on the show, we’d love for you to submit your own via HowToMoney.com/ask/ , send us your voice memo. Regardless of how random or bizarre you might think it is, we want to hear it!
- How do we direct our kids’ attention away from toys and towards faith and the deeper meaning of the holiday season?
- All my savings are in Robinhood- what should I do?
- Is it frugal or cheap to regularly drink the free coffee in the leasing office of my apartment complex?
- Does the wash-sale rule apply to cryptocurrency and how long can I carry those losses forward?
- Should some extra money go into my 401k or into i bonds instead?
- When it comes to toys around the holidays, we cited a couple studies that show kids play less the more toys they receive, and that fewer toys are better for the imagination.
- Tax-loss harvesting info straight from the horses mouth.
- Fidelity lets you compare your retirement savings to others your age.
- Extra cash – And regardless of where you are on the path to financial independence, we believe in the responsible use of credit cards. It’s smart to utilize the additional benefits that credit cards offer- for instance the 60,000 points that come with the Chase Sapphire Preferred Card. That’s $750 when you redeem through Chase Ultimate Rewards! This is no joke- I’ve already done this myself which we discussed on a recent episode after I met the initial spending requirements of $4,000 over 3 months!
During this episode we enjoyed an IQ IPA by Akademia Brewing- a big thanks to Nathan for donating this one to the podcast! And please help us to spread the word by letting friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular listener, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to change the conversation around personal finance and get more people doing smart things with their money!
Best friends out!
* Advertiser Disclosure: How to Money has partnered with CardRatings for our coverage of credit card products. How to Money and CardRatings may receive a commission from card issuers.
* User Generated Content Disclosure: Responses are not provided or commissioned by the bank advertiser. Responses have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the bank advertiser. It is not the bank advertiser’s responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.