This week on the podcast we’re answering your questions! And if you have a question for us, we’d love for you to submit your own via HowToMoney.com/ask/
- What is a cash management account and should I have one?
- Should I pay $9500 to exit a work contract early?
- Aside from a 529 plan, how else can I invest on behalf of my young son?
- Rule of 173, single family vs multi-family properties, and is my money safe with a brokerage like M1 and Vanguard?
- Not a question- but a great house hacking tip for a steady pipeline of qualified tenants.
- Cash management accounts could be a great way to simplify your life, but few (if any) are offering interest rates anywhere near what the high interest savings accounts are offering online.
- Having enough money saved up can act as your ‘peace out money‘ if you’re in a crappy position at work.
- SIPC insurance is what protects your investments from being stolen from brokerage accounts like Fidelity, Vanguard, and M1.
- If you’re looking to get your house hack in front of medical students who might be in town on rotations, check AHEC for a local chapter where you can post your space.
During this episode we enjoyed a Hazelnut Mocha Latte stout by True Respite – a big thanks to our friends Waffles on Wednesday for donating this beer to the show. And if you enjoyed this episode, be sure to subscribe and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to spread the word to get more people doing smart things with their money!
Best friends out!
Leave a Reply