This week on the podcast we’re answering your questions! And if you have a question for us, we’d love for you to submit your own via HowToMoney.com/ask/
- What is a cash management account and should I have one?
- Should I pay $9500 to exit a work contract early?
- Aside from a 529 plan, how else can I invest on behalf of my young son?
- Rule of 173, single family vs multi-family properties, and is my money safe with a brokerage like M1 and Vanguard?
- Not a question- but a great house hacking tip for a steady pipeline of qualified tenants.
- Cash management accounts could be a great way to simplify your life, but few (if any) are offering interest rates anywhere near what the high interest savings accounts are offering online.
- Having enough money saved up can act as your ‘peace out money‘ if you’re in a crappy position at work.
- SIPC insurance is what protects your investments from being stolen from brokerage accounts like Fidelity, Vanguard, and M1.
- If you’re looking to get your house hack in front of medical students who might be in town on rotations, check AHEC for a local chapter where you can post your space.
During this episode we enjoyed a Hazelnut Mocha Latte stout by True Respite – a big thanks to our friends Waffles on Wednesday for donating this beer to the show. And if you enjoyed this episode, be sure to subscribe and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to spread the word to get more people doing smart things with their money!
Best friends out!