We’re kicking off the week by answering your questions! And if you have a question for us, we’d love for you to submit your own via HowToMoney.com/ask/ , send us your voice memo!
- Should we continue renting or are we ready to purchase a home?
- Are there benefits of a joint brokerage investment account if we’re not married?
- What should I consider as I’m choosing between a cashback or travel rewards credit card?
- How do I keep my bank from selling my mortgage to another loan servicer?
- Should I be placing riskier investments in different types of investment accounts?
Additional links from this episode:
- If you’re looking for more thoughts on renting, look back to episode 15! The renting vs buying debate is one of the earliest topics we covered, back when Joel and I were just wee podcasting babies. Now look at us!
- The best approach to maximize the benefits you receive from a credit card is to take into account the type of spending you incur and the rewards the matter the most to you. We happen to have an article on that. Actually, we have several posts on this, for personal use and also business! Like a list of the best credit cards for consultants!
- And if you’re looking for a specific type of specialty lightbulb- if you can identify what type it is, then you can avoid paying the crazy high marked up prices that online parts sites want to charge you. Here’s a handy chart that I referenced that saved me big.
During this episode we shared an Ancient Feelings by Heist Brewery out of Charlotte NC. And as we’ve kicked things off with a bang in 2021, we could really use your help to spread the word- let friends and family know about How to Money! Hit the share button, subscribe if you’re not already a regular, and give us a quick review in Apple Podcasts or wherever you get your podcasts. Help us to spread the word to get more people doing smart things with their money in these difficult times!
Best friends out!
Leave a Reply